The International Society for British Genealogy and Family History will host the 15th Annual Institute, 21–25 September 2015, Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, Salt Lake City, Utah. Explore with renowned genealogists from the British Isles and the US. We have been told details will be posted at the society website http://isbgfh.org within the next few days.
• Researching Your English Ancestors — Else Churchill and Alec Tritton
• Tracing Your Irish Ancestors — Fiona Fitzsimons
• Everything You Need to Know about Scottish Genealogy — Bruce Durie
• Elements of Genealogical Writing, Editing, and Publishing — Melissa Johnson
Get the Perspective of Researchers Living and Researching in the British Isles:
• Else Churchill — Genealogist, Society of Genealogists in London, England
• Alec Tritton — Chairman, Halsted Trust in London, England
• Fiona Fitzsimons — Director, Eneclann, Ltd. in Dublin, Ireland
• Bruce Durie — PhD, Fellow, University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, Scotland
• Melissa Johnson — Professional genealogist, editor, and writer
The Irish Land Records course at the 2013 British Institute was one of the very best courses I have ever attended. The material was more advanced than Irish courses offered elsewhere, and I find myself constantly referring to the syllabus. Having the class at the Family History Library, where we could immediately apply what we learned in the classroom, was especially helpful. I made many new discoveries about my Irish ancestors that week. — Catherine Desmarais, CG, 2013 attendee
Personally, Ol’ Myrt here plans to register for the week-long English Ancestors course, since I haven’t yet identified Scottish or Irish ancestors.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont